“I have to be rich and famous don’t I?” ……. Ummmm no.
One of the first assumptions we hear when we talk about The Concierge Collective is “oh I wish I could have that, but I can’t afford it”.
Fortunately, the service is more affordable than you think. You don’t have to be Kim Kardashian or George Clooney to have an extra pair of hands when you need them.
So why would you hire a lifestyle concierge when you could do everything on your ‘to do’ list for free? Fair point.
But when you think about it, is your time actually free?
When you are doing a tasks you could pass to a lifestyle concierge, you are actually sacrificing time that you could be doing something more meaningful, more profitable or simply more enjoyable.
Secondly, a task such as “find me three quotes to have my pool regularly serviced” could take you a lot longer than you think, it goes something like this…
- Flip open yellow pages (*ahh-hem* hit pool cleaners [my suburb] in google)
- Flick through the first few pages
- Pick up the phone, then your boss stands at your desk asking a question about a client *puts phone back down* *hits Alt Tab* on computer
- Eyes go back to Google, spots fabulous handbag in side bar advert
- Eyes back to pool service listings
- Second attempt at phone call – voicemail
- Third phone call gets through to Paul the Poolman – is fully booked
- Fourth phone call get through “sorry I can’t hear you, can you speak up, I’m outside cleaning a pool… can you call be back in an hour?”
- Fifth phone call…
Need I go on.
What starts as something very simple can be very time consuming indeed and distract you from your core focus at that moment, whether it is your work or watching your kids play netball.
Let’s say you get hold of three pool services in your area, don’t forget to add on extra time to meet them on site to provide access for the initial meeting, follow up their quote, and so on.
In all this could be a 5+ hour task! How much would that actually cost you in terms of time away from work/family and the general frustration at the whole ordeal!
If you were to ask your lifestyle concierge the same question “find me three quotes to have my pool regularly serviced“, any concierge worth their salt will say:
“We have already sourced pool cleaners in your area and are happy to recommend just one. We can confirm they are reputable, we have reference checked them, viewed their Certificate of Currency (ie make sure they have the right insurances), they are punctual, professional and well priced. Oh, and they already clean the pool of another client who lives near by and they are very happy with their services”.
That one phone call to your lifestyle concierge may have taken say 10 minutes, and cost you around $15.00; money well spent don’t you think?
If you are still not sure you need a lifestyle concierge, take our quick quiz below.
If you answer ‘Yes’ to more than 5 questions, then you might need to give us a buzz 🙂